Tuesday, December 28, 2010

4 More Days

The fitness challenge begins in 4 short days.  I have to say that I'm glad I have been preparing for this for a couple of weeks.  It has enabled me to lift the required amount before even starting.  I lifted 31,875 at the gym today.  Doing that 3x/week has me very close to the 100,000 required.  Yay, me!  It's the pushups that are going to kill me.  Seriously!  I may have a heart attack during them.  Ah, I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

Now, obviously I haven't been talking about food addiction too much because I'm just getting back here, but it certainly is background radiation.  The benefit of working out so damned hard is that I don't want to go ruin it with a milk shake or chocolate.  Eventually, I hope that the working out gets rid of the will to come back home and go to sleep.  That's a product of depression, which could be caused by my weight.  Time will tell.  I recently tried an SSRI again and promptly came right off of it due to headaches and sexual side effects.  I don't think that will ever be a solution for me, so I have to deal with it in different ways.  But I digress.  The food addiction is coming into play more because I had all the fluid taken out of my band.  I was having huge issues with GERD and had to have it all taken out until it resolves.  If it doesn't resolve I will likely have to have it taken out.  Personally, I am enjoying eating meals again without having chest pain.  It's made me less inclined to eat unhealthy foods as well.  One would have thought I'd make a beeline for a cheeseburger after and it's been over a week with no urge to do so.  Again, time will tell how this all plays out.

On Saturday, the 1st day of the challenge, I will post a pic of my virtual model.  On April 7, when the challenge is over, I will post another.  Should be interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment